Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gearing up to go!

I got the job! After over two years of thinking about this position and applying, interviewing, (not getting the job), applying again, and interviewing again, I GOT IT! I will be working as a Residence Hall Director for the Qatar Foundation in Doha, Qatar. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of something exciting. The office is young and there will be a lot of opportunities to create things, and amazing opportunities to build relationships with students and other staff members. Stay tuned for updates on how everything goes!

I officially have only two weeks left in Philadelphia before I head back to Ohio to prepare for the big move to Doha, Qatar.  While I am excited to head to Doha, I am a little surprised to feel sad for leaving Philly. I did not have a stellar experience with work, but the city was starting to grow on me, and I have met amazing people over the last year. I know I am going to miss seeing a lot of people.

Right now I am trying to get all of my documents together so I can get a visa to work and live in Doha. I was warned how detailed the process was, but I did not believe it until I started doing it. So far everything has gone well, but I have been working on it for a while and I am not even halfway complete. I am hoping by the end of next week I will be done!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment